____________________________________

Saturday, July 09, 2005


Christy Award Winners in Denver

It was a terrific evening celebrating Christian fiction in Denver at the Marriott City Center.  The occasion was the sixth annual Christy Awards. It was my first time to attend this event. Here are the winners in the different categories:

General

Bad Ground by W. Dale Cramer (Bethany House Publishers)

Historical

King’s Ransom by Jan Beazely/ Thom Lemmons (Waterbrook Press)

Romance

Secrets by Kristen Heitzmann (Bethany House Publishers)

Suspense

Tiger in the Shadows by Debbie Wilson (Kregel)

Visionary

The Shadow Within by Karen Hancock (Bethany House Publishers)

First Novel

The Mending String by Cliff Coon (Moody Publishers)

Thankfully the meal was a buffet outside of the ballroom. Even though I planned lots of travel time to arrive in Denver, get settled into my room and arrive at the event, the weather had other plans. Th Denver airport was closed for several hours because of weather (I believe lightening). My plane from Phoenix circled, then had to land in Colorado Springs to refuel then finally arrived in Denver about three hours late. I found a few friends, quickly ate my food and finished right before the program began. Whew.

I’m unsure how much I will be able to blog but I wanted to pass along these results so you can celebrate the Award winners and this evening to highlight Christian fiction.

1 Comment:

At 5:56 AM, Blogger C.J. Darlington Left a note...

I was hoping someone would share right away who won the Christy's. I am always pleased to see Christian fiction celebrated. Congratulations to one and all! I had heard that the way the winner is announced at the ceremony is to read the first sentence (or paragraph) of the winning novel. Is that the way it's done? Clever, if it is. It must be such a thrill for the authors.

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...