____________________________________

Friday, October 27, 2006


The Comic Truth about Books

The latest installment in Ed Briant’s Tales From the Slush Pile comic reveals an interesting insight into the book business.

Maybe you’ve had this experience (I know I have). I’ve walked into a bookstore (any bookstore) and looked for one of my books. Either it is not there (always disappointing considering how many different types of books that I’ve written over the last 20 years but my most frequent experience). Or I find do see one of my books, then it is located in some place that I do not want to find it—like way in the back of the store on a lower shelf with the only visible portion of the book (the spine) out or worse yet on the remainder table (where the discount books are sold).

Comedy always strikes us as funny because it strikes a chord or touches on some element of truth.  From my perspective, Ed Briant gets it right with this Tale. I hope you will check it out.

0 Comment:

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...