____________________________________

Monday, July 30, 2007


Are You On BookTour? I Am

As an author, I want to constantly work to raise my visibility in the marketplace. This principle is true whether you have one book or many books in print. Or whether you are dreaming about getting your book in print.

In the last few weeks, I stumbled across Book Tour, Where Authors and Audiences meet. I checked out the "About Us" section of this site and learned the chairman is Chris Anderson, editor-in-chief of Wired and the author of The Long Tail (a book which continues to stir people).

Whether you are a reader or an author, you can register for this free service and use the tools. I found them flexible, menu-driven and easy to use. Here's my profile. While my Book Proposals That Sell has been out for two years, I'm still promoting it and "touring" with it. I added the various dates where I will be at writer's conferences in the next few months. My profile includes the Texas Christian Writers Conference in Houston where I'll be on Saturday.

I didn't take much time to experiment with Book Tour yet I did notice several factors which will improve your listing on the site. Notice the links in my profile and in my events are "clickable." If you drag your mouse over the profile or the event, you can click a link which will take you to another website. I used a simple HTML link inside my entries to get them to be clickable. I found a number of well-known authors who are using this site--yet aren't adding this additional exposure.

If you love books, I recommend you check out Book Tour.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comment:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun Left a note...

That's a good resource to keep track of ...Thanks Terry!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Gene Left a note...

BookTour looks pretty neat. I hope it catches on. It's easy to do. I signed up and put links and events on the site quickly.

Thanks for the heads up, Terry!

 

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...