____________________________________

Friday, December 02, 2011


Continually Build Your Audience

It's one of the simple yet necessary actions for every author or would-be author. They need to continually build their audience—people who follow them, learn from them, enjoy whatever they have to say and read their work and finally buy their products and services.

While the need is simple, the importance can't be overstated. There is a great deal of competition for our attention in today's marketplace.

There are multiple ways to build this audience for your message. For years, I've encouraged authors to regularly write a newsletter and send it out. I've been building my own newsletter list since February 2004. On a regular basis I send this publication to my audience. This consistent communication device helps you:

  • Build your expertise and credibility in the marketplace
  • Allows you to encourage and motivate others
  • Gives you a means to share information
  • Gives you the ability to sell your products and services

Yet here is one of the keys with a newsletter—you need to continually add subscribers and build your audience. One of the easiest ways is to give away a free Ebook or something of value to the people you want to attract. In exchange for the free Ebook, the reader has to give you their first name and email address. Through this exchange you build the reach of your audience and message.

For several years, I've been using a tool to build my subscriber list called PopUp Domination. Whether you have a regular website or a Word Press blog, PopUp Domination is a great resource because it allows the reader to easily sign up for your free offer. In addition to receiving the free offer, that reader is added to your list of subscribers for ongoing communication.

I use this tool on several different websites including the one with my name: www.terrywhalin.com. If you go to this site, you will see that you can receive my free Ebook, Platform-building Ideas for Every Author.

Another place I use PopUp Domination is at the sign-up page for my affiliate program: www.terryinfo.com If you go to this page, you will see the pop up for my free Ebook, You Can Make Money and the simple sign up buttons.

A third place where I use PopUp Domination is on my Book Proposal Coach website: www.bookproposalcoach.com. You will receive a 91–page Ebook, Book Proposals That Sell Extra Special Report.

Currently PopUp Domination is announcing the third version of their program. I recommend you look into it as an important tool in your arsenal of building your subscribers and audience for your message.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Labels: , , ,

0 Comment:

Post a Comment


That's the writing life...

Back to the home page...